Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Kate Moss for Topshop - Part Deux



(Style Magazine)


Kate grants us a greater peak at her new Moss for Topshop line and it's looking magnificently, marvelously Moss!

My faves are the dresses, especially in ingenue white, (both decently priced at 60 quid!) and the striped blazer. Many of her items consist of vintage-like print day dresses, rocker tees, various vests, jeans and a leather jacket. Unfortunately she just has to screw me over by waiting until after I've left London to team up with Topshop. Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?


(Kate & spokesmodel for her Topshop line, Irina)

In her exclusive interview, the ever elusive Kate reveals she wanted to create clothes that she would want to wear. To testatment her sentiment, she describes her design process as:

"I just went through my closet, basically, I was just like, 'I'd love this, but altered like this,' or
'I'd love that, but in a pinstripe'"
Unlike other recent famous designer/celebrity collaborations with mainstream mega brands, Moss' line is not a one time deal, it's intended to be a year-round collection. In fact Kate hopes to take her out of 'my closet' designs up a notch by designing next season's line as her "dream closet" and promises that collection "will be more of a story".
Keep it up Kate, because girl you are starting strong!
As an additional treat, check out Kate Moss singing with BF Pete Doherty in their 'music video':
Don't you absolutely adore her dreamy floaty frock in the vid? I hope she makes something similar for her next collection.

No comments: